Welcome & Objectives
Welcome to Adult Basic Skills Professional Developments online Instructors Workshop: Holocaust Education for Adult Basic Skills. Whether you have been teaching this history for a long time or you have just begun to plan, teaching the history of the Holocaust for adult learners is a daunting and difficult task.
The first part of this online workshop, Preparing to Teach, will ask you to consider your rationale for teaching the history of the Holocaust. The second part of this online workshop, What to Teach, for the study of the Holocaust follows these guidelines. Part 1 provides suggestions on topics to teach, information on those topics, links to additional resources, and classroom lessons and activities for use with your students.
The content of this course was developed from resources provided on the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum website and from training provided by the Museum staff.
Objectives: After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define Holocaust and Genocide
- Provide a rationale for teaching about the Holocaust
- Understand why teaching about the Holocaust is important for adult students
- Comprehend effective instructional strategies for teaching about the Holocaust and related topics
- Be able to engage adult learners in learning about the Holocaust and related topics
- Access additional resources on the Holocaust and related topics
Funded by NC Community College System Basic Skills, Raleigh, NC - Copyright 2011, ABSPD